Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bidding farewell to the children from class of 2012-2013

It is always hard to have the last day of school and this year was my hardest--I got too attached to these sweet kiddoes
I just want them to know how happy I was to have had the opportunity to teach them this year and how much I LOVE THEM
Today was Water day, so the kiddoes arrived with their swim suits and towels and you can guess what the first question was??   When will be get to play in the water??
We looked around the room and remembered the things that we were taught through the year
 Then we sat in front of the fireplace to go over our parts for their parents
 They wanted to have another picture taken, so we tried it again
 I placed the flag on the counter so we could take part in a flag salute  and each child went over the part they were to take in the program for the parents
 Then we went back into the preschool room and worked on decorating their foam visors that were to keep the sun from getting into their eyes--ahem, they totally forgot them when we got outside!
Each one was given stickers and permanent pens  to decorate their visors
Brooklyn was the first to finish  Her favorite color, of course, purple

 Ivy and Sammy worked on their visors  Ivy had a green one and Sammy's was blue

 Avory likes orange, on her pink visor
 Cooper has a green one too
 Cooper had a nice fire truck on his
 The hats completed, we went out side and total chaos with water balloons, sprinklers and water guns
 The boys against the girls,  right??  First thing: learn how to get the water into the gun
 Cooper shows Sammy how to do it
 Avery is on the prowl
She liked to spray others, but was not too happy when they squirted  her back
 Ivy and Brooklyn really had it down pat and shot high into the air hitting the boys with water
 Back inside and getting ready for the program.  Then did the pledge, then we quoted the scripture John 3:16
 
 They each said the letters and then the sounds of the vowels and all were well learned
We ended with the song "My teacher told me I should never tell a lie"  and again they performed well
Report cards were given out, pictures taken, and cookies eaten.  They all left and it was sad!!  I had to take it all in that "this was our last day together!!"  My heart is empty    My heart is sad   I grew to love these kids and will really miss their mischievous little faces on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Thanks moms for giving me this chance to spend time with your amazing, fun, kids.
Once again, I just have to say, I love helping these little ones learn and I tell them how proud of them I am!!
Moms, please keep in touch
Would appreciate getting a comment once in a while to let me know how they are doing!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! glad to drop by your page and found these very inte resting and informative stuff. Thanks for sharing, keep it up!

    - pre-k lynnfield

    ReplyDelete